Here’s how you can get involved if you are a:
Volunteer that can attend in person: If you would like to attend a CrisisCamp in person, please sign up on one of the EventBrite pages below.
Volunteer that can’t attend in person: There will most likely be many projects that you will be able to coordinate on with volunteers at the event, so if would like to participate, please sign up on Eventbrite as well so you’re in the email loop.
Project or Organization that could use some help: If you are currently involved in a the recovery process for Sandy – preferably in an official capacity, but non-official projects that are providing a needed service are great too – and would like some help from volunteers participating in the CrisisCamp, please let us know by emailing Chad Catacchio or Pascal Schuback.
These events are free and open to the public. You don’t have to be technical to volunteer time. Also, you may show up at anytime during the day for as long as you wish – although obviously we will get the most done with the most people there.
- Auckland, New Zealand: http://crisiscampakl-sandy.eventbrite.co.nz/(connect on its Facebook Group too)
- Boston/Cambridge, MA : http://sandycrisiscampbos.eventbrite.com : @HurricaneHackrs
- DC : http://crisiscampdcsandy.eventbrite.com : with DC HackWeek
- Galway, Ireland: http://crisiscampireland.com/2012/10/23/crisiscamp-monthly-meetup/ (no EventBrite)
- London, England : http://hurricanehackerslondon.eventbrite.com/
- Montreal, Quebec : http://sandycampmontreal.eventbrite.com
- Portland, OR, in conjunction with CyborgCamp : http://portland.cyborgcamp.com:@crisiscampPDX
- Rockville, MD : http://sandycrisiscamprockville.eventbrite.com
- San Francisco, CA : http://sandycrisiscampsfo.eventbrite.com
- Seattle, WA : http://sandycrisiscampsea.eventbrite.com
- Southwest FL : http://crisiscampswflsandy.eventbrite.com
Don’t see your city listed? Here’s a rundown of what running a CrisisCamp is like. If you have a venue lined up, email Chad Catacchio of CrisisCommons or Willow Brugh and we’ll get you set up. Once venues are live, we’ll add them to this list.
CrisisCamp will bring together domain experts, developers, and first responders around improving technology and practice for humanitarian crisis management and disaster relief. Each and every day, people across the world can find themselves in crisis. Whether it be for a day, a month or an area of social distress, we all have a common need to connect with loved ones, access information and offer assistance to others.
CrisisCamps are hosted in a BarCamp style where great minds come together to share their knowledge and expertise for social good.