Yes! That is right, the dream is real! Pascal and his team did it! At this very moment, Pascal (@schuback) driving the CrisisCamper to San Francisco to kick off the 2011 CrisisCamper Tour!
Be sure to join Pascal and his merry band of Electric Mayhem as they travel from San Francisco to New Orleans sharing how collaborative communities, social media, open data and engagement can help communities prepare for, respond to, recover from and mitigate against disaster.
We hope you can come out all the events along the way! You can follow the CrisisCamper Tour via Twitter @crisiscamper
- Friday, September 23: CrisisCamp Meetup (5 – 7:30PM) hosted by Life360 and Voxeo at Next Space, 28 2nd Street, San Francisco – to sign up click here – follow @life360 for more info – special guest includes the Deputy Administrator for National Preparedness, Tim Manning, Geeks without Bounds,
- Saturday 9/24 – CrisisCamp Silicon Valley (1PM) hosted by the Disaster Management Initiative at Carnegie Mellon University Silicon Valley and Google – to register sign up here – follow @cmusv_dmi
- Monday 9/26 – CrisisCamp Santa Barbara stop – follow @chadcat
- Tuesday 9/27 – CrisisCamp Los Angeles hosted by Social Media Club LA at the Formosa Cafe in West Hollywood – to register click here – follow Alex Rose @U62 and SMC LA at @smc_la
- Thursday 9/29 – Arizona Meeting Up at the Department of Emergency Management
- Friday 9/30 – CrisisCamp Los Ranchos New Mexico
- Monday 10/3 – Norman Oklahoma – National Weather Service Meet Up
- Tuesday 10/4 – Denton Texas – FEMA Region 6 & University of Northern Texas – Not Confirmed
- Wednesday 10/5 – National Emergency Management Association Annual Conference – Austin, Texas
- Thursday 10/6 – Houston Meet Up
- Friday 10/7 – NOLA Dinner – Informal Meet Up
- Saturday 10/8 – CrisisCamp NOLA
If you want to get in touch with the CrisisCamper email Pascal at pascal (at) schuback.com or give him a shout on Twitter @schuback